A free utility for quickly adjusting and managing the properties of webcams and
other video capture devices.
The picture quality of many webcams can be improved by manually tweaking properties like focus, exposure or gain.
When doing so, you may run into a few issues, though:
- If you are in a room with changing lighting conditions, you have to adjust the settings each time
you want to use the camera.
- Some third-party software may decide to reset the camera back to default.
- And some devices simply
forget all settings after a reboot.
CamProps is a simple utility that lets you
- quickly adjust camera properties,
- manage different set of configurations, and
- restore the settings with a single click.
CamProps works with all webcams and video capture devices that support
opening the webcam driver property dialog (either the default provided by Windows or a specific
dialog by the manufacturer's driver)
Set up your first configuration
- Open a live preview of your camera, e.g., in your online meeting software or in the Windows 10 Camera app.
- Start CamProps.
- Select the camera in the dropdown list. In the rather unlikely case that it is not listed here, the camera does
not support the standard Windows way of accessing its properties
and thus cannot be used with CamProps.
+ to add a new configuration.
to open the properties dialog.
- Tweak the properties while watching the results.
- Close the dialog. The settings are stored automatically.
Activate a configuration
- To apply the settings of a specific configuration, click on its name.
- Should another application change the camera settings, click on the configuration name again.
Tip: Create different configurations for different lighting conditions
and name them accordingly (e.g.
Cloudy afternoon, etc.).
Backup/restore your configuration settings
The configuration settings are stored automatically and will be kept intact when you
install a new version of CamProps over an existing installation. Nevertheless it is a good idea
to create a backup of your settings, especially if you spend time on creating multiple
- Open the
••• menu in the upper right corner of the window.
- Enter a filename to create the backup file.
In the same menu, you also find the
Restore settings function.