Roland Weigelt's CamProps - README
CamProps is a free utility for quickly adjusting and managing the properties of webcams and
other video capture devices.
Setting up your first configuration
- Open a live preview of your camera, e.g., in your online meeting software or in the Windows Camera app.
- Start CamProps.
Select the camera in the dropdown list. In the rather unlikely case that it is not listed here, the camera does
not support the standard Windows way of accessing its properties
and thus cannot be used with CamProps.
+ to add a new configuration.
to open the properties dialog.
- Tweak the properties while watching the results.
- Close the dialog. The settings are stored automatically.
Activating a configuration
- To apply the settings of a specific configuration, click on its name.
- Should another application change the camera settings, click on the configuration name again.
Tip: Create different configurations for different lighting conditions
and name them accordingly (e.g.
Cloudy afternoon, etc.).
Backup/restore your configuration settings
The configuration settings are stored automatically and will be kept intact when you
install a new version of CamProps over an existing installation. Nevertheless it is a good idea
to create a backup of your settings, especially if you spend time on creating multiple
- Open the
••• menu in the upper right corner of the window.
- Enter a filename to create the backup file.
In the same menu, you also find the
Restore settings function.
Version 1.2.1 (released 2023-02-19)
- Fixed: COM Exception not handled correctly for some unsupported devices (thanks to Andrew Leech).
- Changed: Updated .NET version from 5 to 6 (because of LTS).
Version 1.2.0 (released 2022-06-06)
- Changed: Main window can now be resized.
Version 1.1.0 (released 2021-06-20)
- Added: Spanish translation (special thanks to José M. Alarcón)
- Changed: The dialog that appears when you change the language via the
••• menu in the upper right corner is now shown in the selected language.
Version 1.0.3 (released 2021-03-24)
- Fixed: Property values not updated correctly in some situations.
Version 1.0.2 (released 2021-03-11)
- Changed: Minor UI cosmetics.
Version 1.0.1 (released 2021-03-09)
Version 1.0.0 (released 2021-03-07)